Home » News Item
10 Deadliest Hardcore Monsters
Posted September 8th, 2012 at 1:26pm by AstrayWith the big update we're planning for later in the month, several of the new features we're integrating into the database are based on our robust support of the Diablo III API. This lets us crunch in-game data from players to generate accurate lists of popular builds, leaderboards, calculators with import support, on-site profiles and more.
While we're working on that, I thought it'd be fun to show a simple top 10 list of the deadliest hardcore inferno monsters based on the data we've already gathered. We've sampled 45,693 hardcore deaths from around 2 million player characters, and of those singled out 8,928 that were level 60 (Inferno) to compile this list.
- 1) Arcane Sentry (Monster Affix) - 969 deaths
- 2) Scavenger - 311 deaths
- 3) Belial, Lord of Lies - 308 deaths
- 4) Walking Corpse - 305 deaths
- 5) Skeleton - 190 deaths
- 6) Dark Cultist - 174 deaths
- 7) Risen - 146 deaths
- 8) Azmodan, Lord of Sin - 144 deaths
- 9) Dark Berserker - 130 deaths
- 10) Carrion Bat - 113 deaths
If you're curious, Belial is the deadliest monster if all levels and difficulties are included, with Arcane Sentry in 2nd and Azmodan coming in 3rd.
* Note that non-boss monsters (like Scavenger) were almost certainly elite when they killed the character - the API doesn't distinguish between elite/non-elite.